| In Loving Memory of Ace 1993-4/8/10 <3 |
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Ace.
Ace was probably the all around perfect horse. He was strong, big, gentle, stubborn, and anyone could ride him. I loved him dearly and I still do. On April 8, 2010 I got a call that he was colicing very badly. I immediately regretted taking him to the fair. We tried everything possible but in the end he was just to bad and we put him down. I tried everything for him because I wasn't ready for him to be gone. I never said goodbye because I was hoping that he would miraculously turn around. When I got the call that he was put down, I cried. My friend cried. My friend's mom cried. My entire family cried. Ace was more than just another horse. He was part of the family. Anyone who knew he, loved him. He was a favorite at our county fair. They all loved him and his goofy personality. People swear to me that his death wasn't my fault, part of me believes that but the other parts says "you shouldn't of brought him" or "if he was home nothing would of happened." I know it happened almost a year ago but I still feel the blame and regret. I wish I could have one more day with him...but then again I don't. I don't think I could actually say goodbye to him. I'll just stick with the "see you tomorrow baby-boy." I said to him that day.
Labels:
Ace
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
awww! This made me tear up. He was an awesome horse! Don't keep blaming yourself, its not like you new what was going to happen. <3
ReplyDelete-SMK